Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There's no place like home (click, click, click)

Hey all, it's Jenn again. I'm back home now and just chillin' out doin' some more 'couch-time'. It's not really bed rest, but it's close.

I really have to say that I am happy with Virgina Mason and the staff. They asked me about a million questions over and over, but it's part of a new protocol so they don't miss anything. I didn't mind after I found that out! They are even running a few additional tests to make sure that nothing was over looked from previous blood work.

So as you can see from Adam's writing yesterday, we really don't know too much more than when we went in. I have to admit, it was funny watching the doctor stumped, hee-hee. (I know, it's not REALLY funny, but I'd rather laugh about it than let it get me down!) When we met him in the morning he reviewed all the previous scans and seemed very confident about his ability to figure me out. By the evening . . . well lets just say I presented him with a bit of a challenge. He stood there expression less looking hard into my eyes waiting for a ticker tape with all the answers on it to roll right out of my mouth. The only thing that came out of my mouth was something he didn't want to be around to see or get on him!

This morning he said he put took five or so of his colleagues to dinner just to discuss my endoscopy and they seemed as puzzled as he did. He even said, "I've written books about the pancreas, and have never seen anything like this . . ." I told him that I wanted to be in his next book (although I don't think he found that funny).

After all his 'thinking out loud' I said, "I've got a lot of people who will need me to explain this to them, so let me see if I've got this right: you found a blockage in my pancreas, you don't know what it is, and you're not sure what we're going to do about it." His response, "That pretty much sums it up." So there you are. It's not the stone I thought it was in my last email . . .

Adam seems to be doing well with all this 'excitement'. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for him as he really has no control over this situation. He's not the doctor, or the patient. But he is a man who, as most of you know, can fix anything. He is not used to not knowing what to do. What I can say is that he has been a real gift to me over the years and continues to be the strength and love that makes this mess easier to deal with. If the Lord has blessed me with anything on this earth, it's been my Adam. Please pray for him too. My physical pain is easier to pay attention to, but his is just as real as we continue to go through this together.

Praise God for sending me to the best doctors, and for the ability he's given them to find the problem! Please continue to pray for their wisdom and ability to work together as they try to aid in this process. We'll keep you all informed when we know something interesting . . .

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the recent update! I see a lot of hope in what's going on, and I'm praying that you will get your answers soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure my brother feels blessed to have you in his life as well. We love you both!

    ReplyDelete